Z Grills Errors Overview
The Z Grills controller has 4 errors that can be displayed:
- LEr = Low Temperature Error
- HEr = High Temperature Error
- Er1 = Temperature Sensor Connection Error
- Er2 = Grill Controller Error
HEr – What it means
The HEr occurs if the temperature sensor inside the grill reads higher than 287ºC, indicating an excessively large fire in the fire-pot or incorrect sensor reading.
The grill will automatically shut down if an HEr occurs.
HEr – During high temperature operation
The HEr error can occur when running that grill at a high temperature setting with the lid open too much. Leaving the lid open for several minutes on a high temperature setting will result in lots of pellets being dropped into the fire-pot. Once the lid is shut the temperature can increase to a very high level triggering HEr.
- Open the grill lid
- Turn the grill OFF, back ON and set to the smoke setting
- Wait for the grill to come back to full flame
- Turn the dial the the desired temperature
- Shut the lid and monitor the operation
HEr – Occuring randomly
If the HEr errors occurs randomly, not only during very high temperature operation, it may be an issue with the temperature sensor inside the grill, or its wired connection.
Use a screwdriver to gently lift the cable out from between the hopper and grill and check to ensure the plug is tight (only on 7002B, 700E and 700E-XL models)
Check the temperature sensor probe connection into the controller:
- Unplug the grill from power
- Remove the two screws that secure the controller in place
- Gently pull out the controller enough to locate the two thin white wires into the small green or blue terminal block.
- Check to ensure they are both tightly in place (gently tug on them)
If the above investigations do not solve the HEr problem, contact the Z Grills customer service team for a replacement Grill Temperature Sensor Probe. This can quite easily be replaced.