Both the 7002B and 700E-XL have the same outer dimensions. The 700E-XL has a thermal barrier metal sheet in the bottom of the drum so insulates better against heat loss, resulting in about 10-15% less wood pellet usage.
Built-in Design Considerations
- Ensure a minimum of 150mm drop space for the hopper from the drum level. The hopper is only 60mm lower than the drum, but additional space is required for air flow.
- Do not block the front of the hopper, ensuring open air flow into the bottom fan intake and easy of cleaning of pellets, dust etc.
- The drum can reach temperatures of up to 230ºC / 450ºF, so the grill must be kept at least 30cm from laminated/painted wood or plastics.
- Ensure the grill can be easily lifted out should any repairs ever be required.
- The standard grease bucket hangs below the level of the drum, so instead use any type of metal tray or can to collect the grease that drips from the right hand drain spout.
Z Grills smokers burn wood, so generate smoke and carbon monoxide and as such they must not be operated in an enclosed area (without suitable forced air ventilation).
An indoor area is normally defined as one with less than or less than 55% wall area permanently open to the environment.
Check your local regulations if planning to use in an area with any enclosed walls as additional fan forced ventilation may be required.
Using the grill under a verandah is fine as it normally meets the requirements for air flow. If the ceiling is very deep, it may accumulate smoke and so forced fan ventilation may be required.
Ducting can be connected to the chimney stack to vent out the majority of the smoke through the cook, but that will not vent the initial smoke released during startup or each time the lid is opened.
How to Buy?
Grab yourself a Z Grills 7002B or 700E-XL from our shop. They are not sold in the configuration shown above without the cabinet or legs, as the components that make the complete grill are packed across two boxes, so a complete grill must be purchased. The cabinet or legs can be kept and used if the grill even needs to be relocated to a free-standing location.