Pellet usage is directly linked to the amount of heat loss from the grill to the surrounding air. The larger the temperature difference the more pellets will be required to maintain the grill temperature (ie. heat produced = heat loss).
- Cold weather will use more pellets than hot weather
- High grill temperatures will use more pellets than low cooking temperatures
Pellet kg/hour usage
- Low temperature operation = 0.3-0.5kg/hour
- High temperature operation = 1~2kg/hour
- Windy conditions = more heat loss and so faster pellet usage
- Direct strong sunlight = slower pellet usage